7 Secret Talents You Didn't Know You Had
Do you ever feel like maybe you’re missing something? Like there’s a secret talent lurking somewhere inside of you, just itching to break free and take the world by storm?
It’s not that we think you’re boring or anything. It’s just that we know you have so much more potential than what you’re showing the world right now. After all, even the most seemingly ordinary people have an extraordinary hidden side waiting to be unlocked.
Did you know that there are several famous celebrities who share your struggles? Many Hollywood stars had their awkward phases too, and the ones who managed to make it past those years are the ones who unlocked their secret talents and let them shine.
Music is a powerful form of expression, and what better way to express yourself than with an instrument? The key is to find the instrument that is right for you. If you’re still not sure what instrument to play, try these simple exercises to help reveal your musical talent.
- Ask yourself what you like to listen to. If you can’t decide on a type of music, try writing down the names of five songs that you like. After you have your list, try to find a common thread between them. Do they share the same type of beat? Do they have similar lyrics? This might help point you in the right direction.
- Ask yourself what you like to do. Do you like to sing in the shower? Do you enjoy playing with musical toys with your kids? Do you love dancing around in your living room with the stereo cranked up? These are all signs that you may be meant to be in the music industry.
- If you’re still unsure about which instrument to play, try visiting a local music store. Let yourself be inspired by the different instruments and their sounds. You may find that you’re drawn to one over the others.
Writing is one of the most therapeutic and creative skills out there, making it the perfect outlet for when you need to get your feelings out. If you find yourself needing to write more often, it might be because you have writing talent that you haven’t yet unlocked. Try these exercises to help you discover your writing talent.
- Write about something that really interests you. If you’re not sure what to write about, think about something that really interests you. It can be anything, as long as it really fires you up.
- Write about something that really upsets you. If you’re not sure what to write about, think about something that really upsets you. Why does it upset you? What do you think could be done to solve the problem?
- Write about your feelings. If you’re still not sure what to write about, write about your feelings. What do you feel right now? What are you feeling in other areas of your life? What do you want to feel?
You may not realize it, but you already have everything you need to become a great dancer. All you have to do is learn some basic steps, stay consistent, and let your body move naturally. If you find yourself always wanting to get out on the dance floor, you may have the dancing talent inside of you waiting to be released. Try these exercises to help you uncover your dancing talent.
- Take some dance lessons. You don’t have to be a professional dancer to start dancing. In fact, many dancers say they’ve found their talent through beginner dance classes like salsa dancing, ballroom dancing, or hip hop dancing.
- Practice by yourself. You don’t always need another person to practice a new skill. In fact, practicing by yourself is a great way to build confidence.
- Relax and let your body naturally move. Feeling nervous is common when you first start dancing. But if you’re too tense, you won’t be able to let your body move freely. Relax, and let your body move the way it wants to.
If you’re the kind of person who loves to be active and find adrenaline in every new adventure, you may have athletic talent waiting to be discovered. Athletic talent can take many forms. It can be anything that involves skill, athleticism, and intense focus. Try these exercises to help you discover your athletic talent.
- Think about what you love to do. What are some of your favourite activities? What activities get you really excited? What activities do you wish you could do more often?
- Try a new sport. Trying a new sport is a great way to discover your athletic talent. You can even go online to find a list of local sport clubs.
- Spend more time with your favourite sports. If you’ve always loved a particular sport, but never pursued it, now is the perfect time to start.
Visual art is a popular form of self-expression, and it can be a great way to let your emotions out when words just don’t cut it. If you’ve been feeling the urge to express yourself through art, you may have artistic talent just waiting to be discovered. Try these exercises to help you discover your artistic talent.
- Visit a local art gallery. Visiting an art gallery is a great way to get inspired and see what kinds of artistic expressions are out there.
- Draw what you see. Drawing what you see can be a great way to get your creative juices flowing. Whether you’re at home or out and about, keep an eye out for things that inspire you.
- Experiment with different types of art. Try a variety of artistic activities, like sketching, painting, sculpting, or photography. You never know what might speak to you.
Everyone has a little bit of the scientist inside of them. But some people have a passion for science that goes beyond curiosity. If you find yourself constantly wondering how things work, you may have the scientific curiosity that all scientists possess. Try these exercises to help you discover your scientific talent.
- Read scientific articles. Scientific journals are full of fascinating information. You can even find some journals online, or at your local library.
- Build something. There are lots of online tutorials and DIY videos where you can learn how to build things like robots, rockets, or even a functional hoverboard.
- Take a class. You don’t have to do everything on your own. There are lots of science classes you can take at local colleges and universities.
Expertise in Something
Everybody has a skill they’re good at. Maybe you’re an awesome cook or make a killer cup of coffee. Maybe you’re great at gardening or can solve difficult physics equations in your head. Everybody has a special skill that makes them stand out from the crowd. If you’re always finding yourself being complimented on something, you may have expertise in that something waiting to be unleashed. Try these exercises to help you unlock your expertise.
- Think about what you do perfectly. What do you do better than most people? Maybe you’re a fantastic artist, or you have a knack for cooking delicious meals. Whatever it is, you have a special skill that makes you stand out from the crowd.
- Ask yourself why you’re so good at what you do. What drives you to do what you do? Chances are it’s because you love it. And that is the secret to unlocking your expertise.
- Don’t be afraid to show off your skills. There are lots of ways to share your expertise, like making and selling crafts, hosting DIY workshops, or becoming a food blogger.
Now that you know some of the most common secret talents, you can look back at the exercises and see if any of them are applicable to you. In order to find your secret talent, you need to first be open to the possibility that you might have one. After all, how can you find something if you don’t even know you’re searching for it?
Leave a Reply