How much money can you make on YouTube with 5000 views per month?
When it comes to monetizing a YouTube channel, many creators are left with more questions than answers. How much money can you make on YouTube with only 500 views per video? How much does it cost to make videos and edit them? How much money can you make on YouTube with 5000 views per month?
If you’re just starting out as a content creator or thinking about launching your own channel, the monetization potential of YouTube might seem daunting. After all, there are so many variables involved. But the great news is that if you have a unique idea or point of view, there are ways to make a profit while also creating something that people genuinely enjoy. The trick is getting started in the right way and knowing which hidden costs to avoid along the way…
How much money can you make on YouTube with 5000 views?
The first step to figuring out how much money you can make from your channel is to look at your views. The more people who click on your videos and watch them in their entirety, the more money you can potentially earn. While there are many factors that affect how much money you can make from a single video, the general rule of thumb is that the more views you get, the more money you can make from them.
To put this in perspective, if you have 5,000 views per video, you’d make approximately $83 per month. As you grow your channel and get more views, this number will increase as well.
You can also increase your earnings by making your videos longer, as you’ll then be able to display more ads to your viewers. However, keep in mind that your video will earn less per each ad as it goes on for longer.
Why is YouTube monetization so hard to understand?
It’s true that the YouTube advertisement system can seem a bit confusing at first glance. But the fact of the matter is this: when you create content on YouTube, you’re giving people something they want and enjoy. In exchange, Google gives you money. It’s that simple.
That being said, the amount of money you make from your videos is directly dependent on how many views you get. The more people who watch a video, the more money you’ll make from it. The great news is that there are a few strategies you can use to increase the amount of people who watch your videos.
- Make videos that people want to watch - This is the most important thing you can do to increase your earnings. If you want to make money from YouTube, you need to make something people enjoy watching.
- Speak your subscribers’ language - If you’re putting out a video in Spanish for a Spanish-speaking audience, you’ll get a lot less views than if you made a video in English for an English-speaking audience.
- Consider your niche - This is also important for the same reason as above. Audiences are more likely to watch a video about something that interests them.
What are the hidden costs when making videos?
There are a few hidden costs you should be aware of when creating videos for your YouTube channel. Many YouTubers overlook these expenses, but they’re essential to keep in mind if you want to avoid going broke while making videos.
- Video editing software - You can create great videos without a fancy camera, but you’ll need to invest in video editing software if you want to make them look professional.
- Camera - If you want to go all out with your production and create professional-looking videos, you’ll want to invest in a high-quality camera.
- Lighting - You don’t need to break the bank with your camera, but you do need to invest in lighting for more professional videos.
- Internet - Most people have very cheap Internet plans, but if you want to upload videos regularly, you’ll need to make sure that you can handle the added bandwidth usage.
- Storage space - If you plan to make lots of videos, you’ll need to invest in a lot of storage space to keep them all from being deleted by YouTube.
Estimate how much you’ll make from ads
Keep in mind that if you select this option, you’ll be showing ads before and during your videos. These ads are often static and are meant to be more of a disruption than the ones you see at the end of your videos.
If you want to add this type of ad to one of your videos, you’ll first need to put in a request with YouTube. They’ll review your channel, your video, and the proposed ad to make sure that everything is up to their standards. Once your request has been approved, you’ll be able to start collecting ad revenue from the ads you show before your videos.
Estimate how much you’ll make from Sponsorships and end of video ads
Keep in mind that you’ll get more money from ads if you select a more expensive sponsorship, so this is something to consider when negotiating with potential advertisers.
You can also add end-of-video ads to your videos. These ads usually appear at the very end of your videos, so they won’t interrupt your content and are less likely to annoy your viewers. You’ll make more money from these ads than from ads before your videos, but you’ll also have less control over where they’re placed.
If you’re just getting started as a YouTuber, don’t worry too much about how much you can potentially make. Instead, focus on creating content that people genuinely enjoy and that resonates with your niche. When you start small and put out good content, you’ll attract viewers and subscribers who will keep coming back to your channel.
As your channel grows and you start making more videos, you’ll also have more options for earning money through your videos. In the meantime, remember to keep your costs low and your audience happy. With a little hard work, your channel can become a valuable source of income that lasts long into the future.