How much money does a YouTuber with 100k subscribers make?
Vlogging, or video blogging, has become one of the fastest-growing areas of online content creation. In fact, YouTubers now rival traditional celebrities in terms of their influence on young audiences.
Because of this rapid rise in popularity, many people are curious about what it takes to become a successful YouTuber and start your own vlogging channel—and how much money you can make doing it. After all, if you’re going to dedicate a significant amount of time and energy to something, you want to be sure that it’s worth your while. With that in mind, here is everything you need to know about making money as a YouTuber with 100k subscribers:
How much does it cost to run a YouTube channel?
To start, we need to understand that vlogging isn’t free. While there are some blogs and websites that allow you to write articles for free, almost every YouTuber has to pay to produce their videos. This can become a pretty significant investment if you’re looking to build a high-quality channel that includes a lot of original content.
In terms of equipment, you’ll need a decent camera to shoot your videos.
Fortunately, there are a lot of affordable options nowadays, including many that shoot in high-quality 4K. You’ll also need to set up an area to film your videos, along with lighting gear to make them look good. You’ll definitely want to invest in a tripod, too—otherwise your vlogs will look pretty sloppy.
How much money do you make from ads on YouTube?
The majority of YouTubers make most of their money from selling ad space on their videos, meaning that you’re paid whenever a viewer watches an ad before or during your video. You can also make money from product placement and brand sponsorship deals, or by selling merchandise such as t-shirts and posters.
While the rates for these transactions vary, you can usually expect to make a few hundred dollars or more per million views. One study even suggests that the average YouTuber with 100k subscribers earns $3000 per video.
However, keep in mind that this figure refers to the average YouTuber, so it might not apply to you if you’re just starting out.
Other ways to make money as a YouTuber with 100k subscribers
- Affiliate marketing - This is a great way to make money from your blog or vlog without having to create original content. Basically, you promote products and services that you love, and earn a commission when people click through to buy them.
- Brand sponsorship - Many YouTubers make side deals to promote specific brands or products. For example, if you love playing Call of Duty, you could earn money by promoting Activision or Sony’s PlayStation.
- Merchandise - You can earn money by selling t-shirts, posters, and other merchandise with your brand’s logo and catchphrase on it.
- Product placement - If a brand wants to have their product appear in one of your videos, you can earn money by appearing in an advertisement for it.
The pros and cons of vlogging
- Pros - Vlogging is a great way to turn your passions into a career. You also have more creative freedom to express yourself, plus you can work from your own schedule and location.
- Cons - You have to put a lot of work into it, both in front of and behind the camera. In order to be successful, you need to be willing to put in the hours to build your audience and create high-quality videos. You also need to learn how to market your content, which can be challenging.
If you’re passionate about your ideas, like entertaining people, and have the right equipment, you could be a great vlogger. If you’re curious about pursuing this career, it’s important to note that it’s very competitive—but viewing vlogging as a long-term investment can help you stay motivated.
To make the most of your time, be sure to research potential vlogging niches, and figure out what type of content you want to create. It’s also important to stay motivated, no matter how long it takes to achieve your goals. With the right strategy and enough hard work, you can turn your vlogging dreams into a lucrative reality.
Leave a Reply