How to become a millionaire: 8 jobs that make you rich
Becoming a millionaire isn’t easy. Unless you win the lottery or inherit money, most people don’t become millionaires by simply working their 9-to-5 jobs.
Working your 9-to-5 job is not enough to make you rich. If you want to become a millionaire, you need to take on side gigs or create your own business and sell products or services that people will pay for.
Not all high-paying jobs are equal when it comes to making you rich. However, the more money you make, the easier it will be for you to save and invest wisely. But how? Let’s check out 10 jobs that will help you become a millionaire sooner than later!
8 Jobs to Become a Millionaire
- Computer Programmer - Computer programmers write and debug code for websites, apps, and software programs. Their job is to create new software and update existing software to ensure it is both functional and safe. Computer programmers earn an average annual salary of $85,000, and many earn more, especially if they have experience managing teams of programmers and/or are bilingual. They also have a low unemployment rate, and job openings are expected to increase 19% by 2026.
- Real Estate Broker - Real estate brokers buy and sell properties for clients. They help clients decide what type of property they want to buy, find a property that fits their needs, negotiate the terms of the contract with the seller, assist the client with getting financing, and oversee the closing of the transaction. Real estate brokers earn an average annual salary of $69,000.
- Social Media Manager - Social media managers create content, manage brand reputations, and interact with followers, customers, and potential customers on social media sites such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Social media managers earn an average annual salary of $72,000. Many social media managers work on contract, freelance, or are self-employed, which is great if you want to be your own boss.
- Market Research Analyst - Market research analysts gather data on the economy and how people shop, buy products, or use services. They use this data to forecast what will happen in the economy and in the businesses of their clients. Market research analysts earn an average annual salary of $72,000. Market research analysts are required during times of uncertainty when businesses need to make crucial decisions about their future. There is an expected demand for market research analysts, and the field is expected to grow by 8% by 2026.
- Mobile App Developer - Mobile app developers create software applications for phones and tablets. They design apps that solve common problems, engage users, or are useful for people. Mobile app developers earn an average annual salary of $87,000. Mobile app developers are in high demand, and many companies are trying to create new apps for people to download and use. This will help create job opportunities for mobile app developers as companies look to outsource their app creation.
- Commercial Banker - Commercial bankers provide financial services to large companies that need help raising capital or funding their operations. Commercial bankers earn an average annual salary of $89,000. Commercial bankers are in demand because many small banks have closed due to the economy. This has caused large companies to go to large international banks for their financial needs. Banks are still making profits, but many small banks are struggling and have closed their doors.
- Mechanical Engineer - Mechanical engineers design machines, tools, and machines used in everyday products. They use their knowledge of physics, mathematics, and engineering to build products that solve problems and make an impact on society. Mechanical engineers earn an average annual salary of $84,000. Mechanical engineers are in demand as technology is changing how we live, work, and play. Many areas that were once the sole domain of humans are now being automated with robots and other machines. Specialized mechanical engineers are also needed to design and maintain equipment used in the energy sector.
- Licensed Practical Engineer (PE) - Licensed practical engineers (PE) review blueprints, drawings, and documents to determine if they are safe and functional. If they find a problem, they correct it to make sure the design is safe, sound, and functional. Licensed practical engineers earn an average annual salary of $48,000.
The path to becoming a millionaire is a long and arduous process that does not happen overnight. While there are certainly ways to speed this process up, it is important to remember that there are no shortcuts. In order to become a millionaire, you have to be willing to do the work and sacrifice spending money on frivolous things in order to save for the future.
Becoming a millionaire does not happen overnight. It is a long process that requires hard work and dedication. As such, it is important to remember that there are no shortcuts. In order to become a millionaire, you have to be willing to do the work and be patient enough to let your investments mature.