How to get verified on Facebook: what you need to know
To help you get started on Facebook, we’ve created this helpful guide. It explains how to get verified on Facebook and offers useful tips and tricks to help you get verified on your profile faster.
If you’re an influencer or business, getting verified on Facebook is a great way to make sure people find your profile when they search for you. The process might seem daunting at first, but it only takes a few minutes once you know where to look and what needs to be done. Read on to discover how you can get verified on Facebook.
What does getting verified on Facebook mean?
Getting verified on Facebook is slightly different for everyone; however, the general consensus is that it gives you a certain level of trust and authority as a business or person. This means that users will trust your business or find you as a person more and your content and posts will be seen by more people.
For example, famous people such as Oprah or Ellen have verified Facebook pages, which means that their content will be seen by more people and their posts will be trusted more. This is because they have been verified, which is what you will be once you get verified on Facebook.
You will also be able to use Facebook features more easily if you get verified, such as running a poll or sending out a Facebook Live message. Even though these are simple features, they can be quite useful, especially if you use them often. Getting verified on Facebook also increases your reach and lets you access special tools to help you manage your Facebook page. For example, you can schedule posts ahead of time, which comes in handy if you are managing a page for a company or brand.
Why you should get verified on Facebook
As we’ve discussed, getting verified on Facebook is important for your business and your personal brand. It will help you grow your following and get more engagement on your posts which will, in turn, help you to build your profile and grow your business. Here are some other significant benefits of getting verified on Facebook:
- More engagement on your posts - When you’re verified on Facebook, you’ll get more likes, shares, and comments on your posts. This is due to the fact that you are verified and people will see that you are legit and trustworthy. As a result, you’ll get more engagement on your posts which will help you to grow your following.
- A stronger personal brand - Getting verified on Facebook will help you to build a stronger personal brand. This is because Facebook verification gives people the feeling that you are trustworthy and reliable. As a result, when people see your posts, they will be more likely to engage with you and trust what you have to say.
- A better chance at advertising - If you want to use Facebook ads to grow your page or promote your product or service, getting verified on Facebook will help you to get approved for ads much easier.
- Access to special Facebook features - When you get verified on Facebook, you’ll be able to access special features that you can’t use when you aren’t verified. These features can help you to grow your page and get more engagement on your posts.
- Better reach and more visibility online - If you’re verified on Facebook, you’ll show Google and other search engines that you are a real person or business. As a result, you’ll have a better chance at ranking higher in search results and people will see you more often.
Step 1: Know which type of Facebook verification you want
There are two different types of Facebook verification: an admin verification or a public verification. You can only get verified as an admin if you are the page owner; if you are simply an admin for a page, but not the page owner, you can only get verified as a public figure. As a page admin, it’s a good idea to get verified as an admin verification.
This way, people will see that your page is verified and will trust your page more. In order to get verified as an admin, you’ll have to send Facebook a copy of a government-issued ID. If you want to get verified as a public figure, you’ll have to send in a few different things, such as your name, a photo of yourself and a short bio. Keep in mind that only public figures can get verified as a public verification.
Step 2: Set up your page correctly ahead of time
Before you request Facebook verification, you should make sure that your page is set up correctly. Facebook uses this information to decide whether or not you should get verified. Follow these steps to set up your page correctly:
- Add your name and surname on your page - Make sure that your first and last name are exactly the same as they are on your government-issued ID. In order to do this, go to your page, click “edit” and add your name in the “About” section. You can also click “Edit Page” to add or edit your name.
- Add your profile picture - Facebook uses your profile picture to verify you, so make sure that it is the same as the one on your government-issued ID. If you want to change the picture on your page, go to “edit” and click “change profile photo”.
- Add your address - Facebook uses your address to verify you, so make sure that it is correct. If you want to add or edit your address, go to “edit” and click “address”.
- Add your phone number - Facebook uses your phone number to verify you, so make sure that it is correct. If you want to add or edit your phone number, go to “edit” and click “phone number”.
Step 3: Request verification from Facebook
Once you’ve set up your page correctly, you can request verification from Facebook. Before doing this, you should make sure that you meet all of Facebook’s requirements for page verification. You can check out Facebook’s page on how to verify your page to make sure that you’re following all of the necessary steps. Once you’re ready to request verification, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Facebook business page - Make sure that you are logged in to the page that you want to get verified. If you haven’t created a page yet, you can do so here.
- Click “Edit” - Once you’re logged in to your page, click “edit”.
- Click “Page Verification” - On the left-hand side of the screen, you’ll see a button that says “Page Verification”. Click on this button to get started.
- Fill out the form - Once you click on “page verifi cation”, you’ll see a form that you have to fill out. Make sure that all of the information that you put in the form is correct and that you meet all of Facebook’s requirements.
- Click “Request Verification” - Once you’ve filled out the form, click “request verification” to send the form to Facebook.
Getting verified on Facebook is an important step for any business or person that uses the platform regularly. While the process may seem daunting, it only takes a few minutes to get verified once you know what steps to take. We hope that this guide has helped you better understand how to get verified on Facebook and how it can benefit you.
Now that you know how to get verified on Facebook, you can make sure that your business and personal brand are getting the attention they deserve. Getting verified will help you to build a stronger personal brand, get more engagement on your posts and have a better chance at advertising on Facebook.
Leave a Reply