How to Make Money with Google: A Guide to Earning Passive Income
Google is one of the most widely used search engines in the world, with more than 2 billion monthly users. In fact, Google is so well known that it’s become a synonym for “search engine” in general. In other words, when people talk about searching something on the internet, they almost always mean Google.
The company has also expanded its scope to include services such as email, online storage (Drive), cloud computing (Cloud Platform), and even hardware (Nest). Given this massive scope of services that Google provides, you might be wondering how you can make money with Google. Fortunately, there are several ways in which you can monetize your knowledge of and connection to Google as an entity.
What Are the Best Ways to Make Money with Google?
There are a few different ways in which you can make money with Google. Some of these methods are more passive than others, which can be important if you want to earn money on your own terms. Let’s take a look at some of the best ways to make money with Google.
- Google AdWords: You can make money with Google AdWords by purchasing ad space on Google’s search engine results pages (SERPs). If someone types in a search query that includes one of your keywords, they may see your ad at the top of their results pages.
- You’ll pay Google every time someone clicks on your ad: You’ll also have to pay Google a certain amount per click to have the top spot, so you’ll have to decide how much you’re willing to spend on each click.
- Earn Money by Testing and Reviewing Products: Many companies will send you free samples of their products in exchange for you reviewing them on your blog or in social media posts. You can even create review sites where you review certain types of products. If you’re very prolific in your reviews, you might even be approached by brands to become a brand ambassador for them. This can lead to you earning a decent amount each month in addition to any money you make from reviews.
- Make Money by Becoming an Influencer: There are several platforms that connect brands with social media influencers. One of the best places to find these types of influencer platforms is on the website of Google’s advertising network, AdWords. Once you’ve signed in to your AdWords account, you can click on “industries” at the top of your screen and select “affiliate” to see a list of companies looking for influencers.
- Earn Passive Income Through Partnerships and Sub-licensing: If you have expertise in a specific field, you can make money with Google by licensing your patents or intellectual property. You might also license your content, such as an online course or blog posts, to a partner or subsidiary of Google. You might even be able to partner with Google directly, which requires a certain level of experience.
- Grow Your Business as a Google Partner: If you’re in the technology field, it might be worth your while to sign up with Google’s partner program. Being a Google partner can lead to several benefits, such as early access to new products, special pricing on Google products, and more. You can even become a Google certified partner, which is an even higher level of partnership.
Is Google Making Money for You?
Ultimately, the goal of all these ways to make money with Google is to establish passive income streams. Although it may be exciting to earn money by advertising products or getting paid to review products, it’s important to note that most of these methods do not provide a steady source of income.
If you’re looking for a long-term way to make money, you’ll likely want to focus on monetizing your expertise and growing your own business or products. Ultimately, the best way to make money with Google is to find a way to make money with Google that works for you.