How to make your Facebook profile a public figure
Do you want to use Facebook as a way of promoting your professional identity and personal brand? If so, you need to make sure that people can find you easily. And the best way of doing this is by making your profile public. Facebook users have the choice of making their profiles either private or public.
The default setting is private, which means that only friends can search for and view your profile. But if you plan on using Facebook as a professional networking tool, then it’s worth changing it to public visibility. If you have read our previous article about ‘How to create a hidden Facebook profile’, then you won’t have any problems doing so – trust us!
Basics of making a Facebook profile public
A public profile will allow anyone to find you on Facebook and connect with you. This is different from a private profile, where only people who are friends with you can find you, comment on your posts, or send you messages.
A Facebook profile can be either public or private. If you want to use Facebook for business, then you should make your profile public to allow businesses to find and connect with you.
A public profile will allow you to interact with your audience, easily share updates, and increase your brand’s visibility. It will also give people the ability to search for, and find, you on Facebook.
How to make your Facebook profile public
There are two ways of doing this. You can either go to the ‘Account’ section and select ‘Privacy Settings’ or click the small arrow next to your name to bring up the drop-down menu. Once here, select the option that reads ‘Who can see my stuff?’. From here, you can choose the option that reads ‘Everyone.’ Once done, click the ‘Save Changes’ button on the bottom of the page.
Now that your profile is public, you can start adding content, connecting with other influencers, and start engaging with your audience. This can help you grow your following and your brand’s visibility online.
Why is it important to make your Facebook profile public?
There are many benefits to making your Facebook profile public, including the ability to network efficiently, help others find you, and grow your professional network.
- Networking efficiently - When your profile is public, you will have the ability to connect with people outside of your friend network. This can help you grow your professional network and expand your personal brand.
- Helping others find you - If you work in a field where you need to be easily accessible, making your profile public is the best way to make sure that people can find you and connect with you.
- Growing your professional network - If your profile is public, you will have the ability to connect with businesses and individuals outside of your friend network. This can help you to expand your professional network and make more connections online.
Is it safe to make your Facebook profile public?
Unless you are a celebrity, you don’t need to worry that someone will stalk you or find you by looking on Facebook. Facebook makes it almost impossible for people to find you unless you allow them to connect with you.
If you make your profile public, you’ll appear in search results for your name and your town/city. People can also click the “Follow” button on your profile to get notified when you post new content.
The only way someone can find you without your permission is if they have access to the email account associated with your Facebook account. So, make sure you take proper precautions when creating your account and don’t use your work or school emails.
Tips for making your Facebook profile part of your brand
- Select a professional profile picture - There is no better place to start making your profile part of your brand than with your profile picture. Make sure that your picture reflects your brand and is something that you would be proud to show to your clients.
- Create a cover photo that represents your brand - You have the option of creating a cover photo as well. Make sure that it reflects your brand and that it isn’t overly promotional.
- Choose a tone for your posts that is consistent with your brand - When you post content on Facebook, make sure that it’s consistent with the tone that you use to promote your brand. If you are aiming to connect with a more professional crowd, tone down the emojis and gifs.
- Create a “Work” section - If your profile is public, you can create a “Work” section on your profile.
- Fill out your About me section - Make sure that your About me section is filled out completely. This section is located below the Work section on your profile.
- Create a custom URL - If you want to go the extra mile and make your profile stand out even more, you can purchase a custom URL. This will make your page even easier to find.
Making your Facebook profile public is an easy way to network, grow your professional network, and make sure that you are easily accessible to businesses and individuals who are interested in what you have to offer.
The best way to make your profile public is to first make it private and then follow the steps outlined above. This way, you will be able to see the benefits of making your Facebook profile public before committing to it.
If you are looking to make your presence known in the world of social media, making your Facebook profile public is the best way to do it. Now that you know how to do it, there is no reason to hide behind your private profile!