How to start a successful YouTube channel without showing your face
You can make a living making videos on YouTube. Maybe you’ve got the itch to create your own channel, or you want to start a brand new one. Either way, there’s a lot to think about when it comes to making sure your channel has the best chance of success. If you’re thinking about starting a new YouTube channel, here are some things you should keep in mind before hitting that upload button.
If you're considering starting a YouTube channel, but aren't quite ready yet, make sure you check out our blog on how to get launch your own Youtube channel first before diving into the details listed below!
What to consider before starting a YouTube channel
Before you even think about launching your channel, make sure you’ve got everything ready. From your business plan to a content strategy, here are some things to consider before you start your YouTube channel.
Decide on your content
Before you even start thinking about your branding, you need to decide what kind of content your channel will focus on. This decision will affect every next decision you make, so you’ll want to start off with a plan. What’s your niche? What kind of topics would you like to discuss on your channel? Depending on who your target audience is, you can focus on everything from vlogging, to gaming, to beauty.
Be authentic and be yourself
If you’re just starting off and you don’t have a big following yet, we recommend being yourself over trying to be something you’re not. You don’t have to be the next big social media star; you just have to be you. Keep your content authentic and genuine, and you’ll find that viewers will appreciate that about you.
Your viewers will likely grow to love you and your channel, and you might even make some lifelong friends along the way.
If you’re struggling to find your voice, we recommend writing down some thoughts on what you would like your channel to convey. This will help you focus on what you want your channel to stand for, and will allow you to express yourself better through your videos.
Come up with a channel branding strategy
As you’re brainstorming ideas for your channel, you should also be thinking about your branding. Many channels don’t think about branding during the content planning stage, but we believe it’s an essential part of starting a successful channel.
- Know your niche - You should know your niche inside and out. Not only should you know what your niche is, but you should also know who your target audience is and how you can speak to them.
- Pick your colours - While you don’t need a full branding kit right now, you should at least know what colours you’d like to use on your channel. Whether you just want to focus on one colour or use a few, you should pick out a few colours that you’d like to use and stick with it.
- Decide on a visual style - You should also decide on the visual style of your channel. Do you want to focus on vlogging? Do you want to create informative content? Or do you want to create entertaining content? Your visual style should be consistent with your brand, but also reflect the type of content you’re creating.
Choose your tools
Now that you’ve figured out the type of content you’re going to create, you can begin thinking about the tools you’ll need to get started. You can always use free tools to get your channel started, but do keep in mind that they might not be the best. Decide on the type of content you want to create and start researching the best tools for the job.
- Video camera - If you want to vlog, you’re going to want to invest in a good quality video camera. It’s important that you purchase a camera that has good audio quality, so that your viewers can hear you clearly without any background noise.
- Screen recorder - If you want to focus on creating educational videos, a screen recorder is a must. This way, you can record your computer screen while you demonstrate certain processes or walkthroughs.
- Good computer - You’ll want to make sure that your computer is up to snuff before you start uploading videos. Newer computers should be able to handle basic video editing, but if you plan on creating high-quality content with lots of graphics and visuals, you’re going to want a computer equipped with a high-end graphics card.
- Good internet - You can create amazing content, but if your internet is slow, you’ll have a tough time uploading your videos. Make sure that you have a reliable internet connection before you begin uploading videos.
- Good microphone - While you don’t need the best mic out there, you do need a clear and crisp sounding microphone. Unless you’re a radio DJ, you probably don’t need to splurge on a $500 microphone.
And finally, don’t forget to have fun!
Last but not least, make sure to have fun! If you’re enjoying what you’re creating and you’re having a good time, your viewers will be able to tell. YouTube is supposed to be a fun and silly place, so don’t forget to be yourself and enjoy the journey.
Make sure to go into your YouTube journey with the right mindset, and you’ll have a much better chance at success.
Remember, it might take some time to grow your channel, but if you work hard, it’s possible to make a living from your videos. Make sure to stay consistent and keep producing content, and you might have your first viral video sooner than you think.
And when you do, make sure you celebrate because you’ve earned it!
Leave a Reply