How to start Amazon affiliate marketing for beginners
With over 200 million users and a revenue of $135 billion in the last financial year, Amazon is currently one of the largest online retailers worldwide. As a result of its widespread popularity, Amazon has also become a trusted marketplace for third-party sellers.
Websites such as Etsy have existed since 2003, but it’t until recently that eCommerce platforms like these have experienced such rapid growth. With this in mind, if you’re looking to grow your business by introducing an affiliate marketing program, Amazon could be the perfect place for you to start.
What is Amazon affiliate marketing?
Affiliate marketing is a great way to promote products or services through a network of marketers (affiliates) who are rewarded for each customer they bring to your business. Amazon Affiliate Marketing is a program that allows you to promote products on Amazon and earn a commission when someone clicks on your link and makes a purchase.
Amazon Associates is one of the most popular affiliate marketing programs. This allows you to promote products you like and earn a percentage of the sale if someone buys the product using your link. Amazon Associates gives you a unique tracking link that you can share on your website, social media channels, or any other online marketing channel you use. You are free to promote any product in the Amazon Associates catalog. This includes books, electronics and other non-Amazon products.
Why use Amazon Associates for your business?
Amazon’s affiliate program is the most popular in the world. Its sheer size makes it an attractive platform for Amazon marketers – and as a result, Amazon affiliates earn billions each year. There are also a number of different ways that you can use Amazon’s affiliate program to drive traffic to your business, including:
- Product reviews – Writing product reviews for Amazon products is a great way to drive traffic to your website. The more content your website has, the more likely it is that other publishers will link to your site, which can help you to rank higher in search engines.
- Educational content – If your website is aimed at a niche, such as travel or fashion, you may find that a lot of your readers don’t really have the budget for the products that they’re reading about. This is where Amazon Associates can be particularly useful, since you can promote items from Amazon that will be within the budget of most of your readers.
- Login-to-buy – Some of the most popular Amazon products are items that people need to make a purchase immediately. Amazon Merchants – such as contractors and florists – use special software that allows their customers to login and make an instant purchase. You can promote these services through your affiliate links.
How to set up an Amazon Associates account?
You may be tempted to get started right away, but you should first make sure that you meet Amazon’s eligibility requirements. If you’re an individual blogger or journalist, you can sign up to become an Amazon Associate by clicking here.
The Amazon Associates program is also open to businesses that sell physical products, as well as digital goods. If you fall into one of these categories, you’ll need to go through Amazon’s ‘Marketplace’ program.
To start the signup process, click here. Once you’ve selected a category, you’ll be able to choose the products that you’d like to sell. Finally, you’ll be able to enter your banking details and start promoting products from Amazon.
Negotiate a Commission Fee
Once you’ve signed up to the Amazon Associates program, you’ll need to decide what commission fee you’d like to charge. Currently, Amazon Associates charges a 10% commission fee, but you can try to negotiate a higher fee by contacting the affiliate manager.
If you’ve built up a large following, or if you are promoting a product that is very popular, you will be able to negotiate a higher commission fee.
If you’re promoting a product that isn’t very popular, you’ll want to try to negotiate a higher commission fee. Otherwise, the product isn’t likely to sell very quickly.
When you’re contacting the affiliate manager, you’ll need to have a clear idea of what products you’re trying to promote and why you think they’re a good fit for your readers.
Add your products to the Amazon platform
Once you’ve negotiated your commission fee, you’ll need to add your products to the Amazon platform. This is a simple process and can be done using the Amazon Associates dashboard.
Once you’ve added your products, you’ll need to identify the keywords that you would like to rank for. You can do this with a keyword research tool, such as AMZ Tracker.
Once you’ve identified the keywords that you’d like to rank for, you’ll need to write product reviews for your chosen products.
Create high-quality product reviews with AMZ Tracker
You’ll want to create high-quality reviews for your chosen products so that you’re able to drive traffic to your website.
To do this, you’ll need to make the most of AMZ Tracker’s ‘rating’ feature. With this tool, you’ll be able to write high-quality product reviews while also tracking the keywords that you’d like to rank for. For example, let’s say that you’ve chosen to promote a coffee machine.
To write a high-quality coffee machine review, you’d want to include some of the following:
- The price of the coffee machine.
- The name of the coffee machine.
- The features of the coffee machine.
- The pros and cons of the coffee machine.
- The rating you’ve given the coffee machine.
- The keywords that you want to rank for.
- A link to your affiliate link.
As you can see, Amazon Associates offers a number of benefits for marketers. Not only can you promote the most popular products on the internet, but you can also negotiate a higher commission fee if you have a large following.
If you’re looking for a quick way to grow your business, Amazon Associates could be the perfect affiliate marketing platform for you.
Leave a Reply