How to Use Amazon Affiliate Links on YouTube
By now, you are probably aware of the importance of adding a link to your product while uploading a video on YouTube. You can add a link to any product or service in the description section of your video by using an Amazon affiliate link to earn commission for the sale.
Let's say, for example, you are uploading a video on the best hiking boots for men. You can use an affiliate link and suggest the best hiking boots for men available for sale at Amazon. When someone watches your video and clicks on the link, they will be redirected to Amazon's website and see the boots for men you have recommended for them.
Here's how you can go about it:
- Open your Amazon affiliate account and search for the product you want to link in your video.
- Click on the "Associate Program" button. Here you will see an option to copy the Amazon affiliate link. You can also create a new link if you wish.
- Go to your YouTube account and click on "Video Manager" in the drop-down menu. Here you will see the "Edit" option next to the video you want to edit.
- In the video editing box, click "Add a Link" and paste the Amazon affiliate link in the field provided. However, make sure to remove any extra spaces before pasting the link in the field.
- Click "Save" to finish and publish your video.
What is an Amazon Affiliate Link?
An Amazon affiliate link is a special link created by Amazon that you can share on social media or embed in your blog or website posts to direct viewers to any product available on their website. While using an affiliate link, you don't need to write any product information, just the product's name and its price.
If a viewer clicks on your affiliate link and purchases the product, you make a commission for the sale. How much commission you can make is detailed in Amazon's Affiliate Program policy.
Affiliate links are usually placed in the product description area of your blog posts or YouTube videos where you want to direct your viewers to Amazon websites. You can use your affiliate link to earn money by directing a user to Amazon and have them purchase a product by clicking on your affiliate link.
Pros and Cons of Amazon Affiliate Links on YouTube
- Pros - Amazon affiliate links on YouTube can help increase your commission earnings as an affiliate by directing potential customers to the Amazon website.
- You can use different Amazon affiliate links on different YouTube video posts and create separate Amazon product pages for each video.
- Amazon affiliate links have a tracking system that detects the viewer's IP address. This helps determine the number of viewers who have clicked on your YouTube video and redirected to an Amazon product page.
- Cons - Amazon affiliate links on YouTube videos have a strict policy that doesn't allow you to add affiliate links in the video title.
- It is a violation of the Amazon affiliate program policy to add affiliate links in the video description and then show the link in the thumbnail of your video.
Other Things to Keep in Mind
- Make sure to add accurate product information in your Amazon affiliate links to avoid getting your account suspended. Amazon may also terminate your affiliate account if you get several complaints from your viewers.
- Upload your YouTube videos as unlisted so that only those who have the link can watch them. This will prevent your video from being listed on YouTube's search engine and prevent duplicate content.
- Let the viewers know that clicking the link will redirect them to Amazon so that they don't get confused and think that clicking the link will take them to your own website or blog.
- Affiliate links are best used in video content related to shopping, fashion and travel. You can also use them to promote free or paid services on Amazon.
Amazon affiliate links are a great way to earn money as an affiliate marketer through your videos on YouTube. You can use them in any video content you create on YouTube related to shopping, fashion and travel.
You can use them to promote free or paid services on Amazon and even promote products that are not part of an affiliate program. Uploading Amazon affiliate links on YouTube videos can help you increase your earnings as an affiliate and get more views from potential customers.
Leave a Reply