Is there an Amazon affiliate program?
Yes, there is an Amazon affiliate program! And it’s very easy to sign up for and begin using in your blog posts. Once you are signed up, you will get your own unique link that you can place in blog posts or social media updates so that readers can click on it and be taken directly to the product page on Amazon.
They will see a little bit about why you like this product and a link to buy it. If they buy the product within 24 hours, you get a small percentage of the sale as commission from Amazon.
If not all of your followers are from the USA, you might need to research what the corresponding affiliate programs for their country is. There are separate ones for different countries with different e-commerce sites too.
What’s the difference between Amazon and an affiliate program?
Amazon is one of the biggest online retailers in the world, operating websites in many different countries where you can buy everything from books to beauty products and even groceries. The Amazon Associates program is a way for you to earn a small commission on these sales.
The Associates program is different to an affiliate program because the Associates program is specific to Amazon and only applies to products that Amazon sells. Affiliate programs are a general way of partnering with brands across many different types of product.
How do you sign up for the Amazon affiliate program?
The first step is to visit https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/ and click the ‘Join the Program’ button. You will then be asked to enter your email address, choose a password and select your country of residence.
Keep in mind that if you have a website in a different country, you can choose to sign up for that local program instead. You can also click ‘Become an Amazon Associate’ if you only have a blog and not a website.
Once you click ‘Join the Program’, you will be taken to the Amazon Associates sign-up form. Here you will select the type of website you have (blog, website, etc.) and then answer a small health question. Once you have filled out this form, you will be redirected to the Amazon.com website and offered a chance to create an account.
Once you have an account and are signed into the Associates console, you can find the ‘Create a link’ section and either create a new link or select an existing link.
How to find products to promote with your affiliate link
Here are some tips to help you decide which products to promote with your affiliate link:
- What are your readers interested in? What are the most frequently asked questions? Which products are most often recommended by experts?
- What are the most popular products for your readers?
- What are the most expensive products for your readers?
- What are the most inexpensive products for your readers?
Things to know before promoting with your Amazon Affiliate Link
- Make sure you are truly recommending the product because there is nothing worse than feeling like you’re being disingenuous.
- Make sure the product is something readers actually need.
- Make sure the product is something you genuinely like and would buy yourself.
- Make sure you are only promoting products that are relevant to your readers.
- Make sure you are only promoting products that you can actually purchase on Amazon.
- Keep in mind that you need to earn a certain amount of revenue before you are paid out. This varies depending on your country of residence but is typically $100 for those who live in the USA. Also remember that it can take up to 90 days after a sale for Amazon to pay you.
Important tips for using your Amazon Affiliate Link
- Remember to include the Amazon Associate logo somewhere in your post. This lets readers know that you are using your affiliate link and helps them understand that you get a commission if they click through and buy the product.
- Make sure to link directly to the product on Amazon and not the homepage. Also, don’t forget to include the “ASIN” number at the end of your link. This is the number that Amazon uses to track products.
- Make sure your link is accessible both on your website and in social media posts.
As you can see, there are many benefits to signing up for an Amazon affiliate program and promoting products on your blog or social media. You can earn extra money for your posts, get free merchandise to review and giveaways, and promote products that your readers will love.
There are also a lot of ways to make money from your blog, but affiliate links are one of the easiest ways. You don’t have to create any products, you don’t have to create content, and you don’t have to have any special skills or knowledge. You just have to be passionate about what you write about, and you have to be willing to promote products that you believe in.
If you’re serious about growing your blog, then you need to consider how you can make money off of your content. There are many ways to do this, and affiliate links are a really great way to do it.