The Most Engaging Facebook Posts: What Works and Why
Social media is the perfect place to share your company’s personality and cultivate relationships with followers. However, it can be challenging to stand out in a sea of branded images and videos.
In order to thrive on social media instead of feeling buried by it, you need to understand what makes certain posts go viral and how you can adapt those same principles for your business.
Here are some of the most engaging Facebook posts and why they work.
Video Content Is King
There are many types of posts that go viral on Facebook, but one thing unites them all: video.
In fact, a study found that companies that increase their video views by just 10% can see a 45% increase in revenue. Still not convinced?
Here are 5 reasons why you should be posting more video on Facebook.
- Video content leads to more likes, comments, and shares.
- Viewers are more likely to recommend your content if they can see it.
- Video drives higher levels of engagement with your page.
- Video generates 2X as many leads as non-video content.
- Viewers are 3X more likely to buy from you after watching a video.
Ask Your Audience For What They Want
One of the best ways to engage your fans is to ask them what they want to see more of. You can do this by using polls, questionnaires, and surveys.
- You’re not just asking your audience to passively consume content. You are actively engaging them, and they’ll likely respond in kind.
- You can also ask your fans for specific posts, such as images and videos that they want you to post. These might be related to holidays, milestones, or specific events.
- Keep in mind that if you ask your audience what they want, but then don’t actually do it, you’ll risk losing their trust.
- Make sure to offer them some sort of explanation if you don’t end up delivering on your promise.
Show, Don’t Tell
While it’s important to talk about your company’s offerings, it’s also essential to convey your brand’s values. This can be done through a visual language.
- You can use your posts to tell stories and reveal behind-the-scenes information that gives followers a better understanding of your company.
- You can also show your values through images and phrases.
- For example, if you have a philanthropic focus, you can include “giving back” pictures or phrases in your posts.
- You can also choose images that reflect your brand’s values. For example, you can use an image of your team doing charity work or holding a charity event.
While you should definitely share images and videos, understand that only a small percentage of your followers will actually see them.
- In fact, a study found that posts containing images receive 2X more engagement than posts without any images.
- For this reason, it’s important to include visuals as much as possible in your posts. This can range from company logos to product images and more.
- If you’re having trouble coming up with interesting visuals, you can use tools such as Canva to help you create visually appealing posts.
- There are also various social media photo challenges you can participate in to help you generate new ideas.
Humor is one of the best ways to get your company’s personality across through social media posts. However, you need to be careful not to cross the line into being offensive.
- You should also be aware that not everyone will find your sense of humor amusing. Be mindful of who you’re posting for.
- For example, you can share images that poke fun at your industry or you can use your posts as a platform to do some social commentary.
- You can also use puns in your posts. Studies have shown that they’re a highly effective way to get your message across.
- Just make sure to be tasteful and keep in mind that not all your posts need to be funny.
Go Behind The Scenes
A great way to engage with your followers is to take them behind the scenes of your company. This can be done by sharing pictures and videos of your employees, events, and more.
- This helps humanize your brand and make your followers feel like they’re part of your team. This also has the added benefit of increasing employee morale. (Studies show that social media use in the workplace can improve productivity.)
- By sharing behind-the-scenes content, you can also show your followers what it’s like to work at your company. This can help them get to know your employees better, too.
- If you’re not sure where to start, try taking some employee photos or videos. You can also share images from your office events and milestones.
The best Facebook posts are those that are engaging and memorable.
That’s why you want to be creative and experimental with your posts. Try out a variety of different types of posts to see what resonates best with your audience. If you can get your followers engaged with your posts, then you’ve accomplished your goal and succeeded on social media.
For Facebook to be effective, you have to put time and effort into your posts. You can’t just do the bare minimum, hoping that it will pay off. There are many different types of posts that go viral on Facebook. You just have to figure out what works best for your business and go from there.
Leave a Reply