Who was the first Youtuber? A brief history of the platform
The history of the Internet is filled with interesting stories of people who have changed our lives forever. One such example is Swedish video game programmer, video producer, and entrepreneur Felix Kj
What is a Youtuber?
A Youtuber is someone who uploads videos on YouTube. This person can be anyone: a child, a celebrity, your next-door neighbor. Anyone with a camera, internet access, and the will to create can be a Youtuber.
Youtubers are also sometimes called video bloggers or vloggers (video bloggers). There are many types of YouTubers: Some create educational videos, others make short films, while some just choose to share their daily lives with their followers.
How does YouTube work?
A user uploads a video on the platform and then decides how long the video should be and what category it should fall in. The video will then be processed by the platform. A video can be eligible to be featured in the trending section, based on its category, keywords and the number of views it gets.
The birth of YouTube: From start-up to mega brand
Before YouTube came into the world, people had to be patient if they wanted to watch a video. You had to wait for the television channel to air it and hope the timing matched your schedule. If you didn’t have a TV or it was too late at night to watch, you had to wait for the clip to be released on VHS (or Betamax if you were lucky enough to own one).
The Internet changed all that. People started to upload videos online. As the number of videos grew, they had to be housed somewhere. YouTube was the solution to this problem. The video-sharing platform was created in 2005 by three former Paypal employees: Chad Hurley, Steve Chen, and Jawed Karim. The trio had an idea to create a platform that would host videos.
At first, they tried to create their own website, but they soon realized that website creation would take a lot of time and resources. So, they decided to use a pre-existing platform — one that was already popular and being used by millions of people.
They settled on the ever-famous Google. They created an account on their platform, uploaded the videos and voilà! — The YouTube we know today came into existence.
How much money can you make from being a Youtuber?
- If you are wondering if you can make money from being a Youtuber, then the answer is yes. You can make money from YouTube in a number of ways:
- You can monetize your videos by adding ads to them. These ads will be shown before or during your video.
- You can sell your products and services on the platform. If a lot of people view your videos, you can even set up a subscription service.
- You can also make money through sponsorships. Some companies will pay you to create a video reviewing their product. This is called being a sponsored Youtuber.
- You can also make money through donations. People can pay you to see videos or any other content you’ve created.
Famous Youtubers and their strategies
- PewDiePie: This Youtuber makes a living out of playing video games and commentating/criticising them. He has created his own brand that revolves around his gaming; he has a line of merchandise and an app. He has a total of 69 million subscribers and has made a whopping $66 million!
- Jenna Marbles: This Youtuber has a total of 43 million subscribers and has made a whopping $10 million!
- Logan Paul: This Youtuber has a total of 24 million subscribers and has made a whopping $11 million!
- Zoella: This Youtuber has a total of 19 million subscribers and has made a whopping $17 million!
- Rosanna Pansino: This Youtuber has a total of 14 million subscribers and has made a whopping $4 million!
- PewDiePie is the king of making money from YouTube. His strategy is to make long videos that people want to watch and comment on. He has made a lot of money from sponsorships and from the YouTube Red subscription service.
The dangers of being a Youtuber
Being a Youtuber comes with its own set of challenges and dangers. The Internet is a harsh place. People can be very critical and judgmental of others. You may also receive death threats from crazy fans. This can be scary, especially when you consider how many people are out there with guns or other dangerous weapons.
Then there are those who are just trying to extort you. They can contact you and demand that you pay them money. If you don’t comply with their demands, they can threaten to expose your personal information, such as your address, on the Internet.
There are also hackers who may try to steal your information. But don’t let these challenges scare you. Instead, prepare yourself for them and know how to deal with them. If you have the passion and desire to be a Youtuber, then don’t let these challenges stop you from pursuing your dream.
Being a Youtuber is a great way to make money and build your brand. You can share your knowledge with the world or your passion for a certain topic. You can also make some quick cash by making sponsored videos.
However, you have to be careful. You can’t just start uploading videos and expect to make money. You have to build an audience first. You can do this by engaging with your followers, making great content and interacting with other YouTubers.
Leave a Reply